7314 Engine Commissioning
MS-7314: Machine Acceptance Testing iPadOS® version
- Version: 1.15 (b.29)
- Author: D. Bukowitz
- Created: 06 Oct, 2021
- Update: 22 Nov, 2022
If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, Please feel free to email via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Engine Commissioning App was developed using the Caterpillar Standard for Engine Commissioning. The App collects data from one or multiple wireless sensors mounted in the machine under different load or operational conditions. For this test the user will define which sensor goes in each location and will start collecting data while the machine is in operational conditions. A full pdf report will be generated under CAT specifications for Engine Commissioning.
This module is compatible with the following wireless sensors:
- SensorWorks BluVib P-V-T (1-Axis)
- SensorWorks BluVib M-V-T-3 (3-Axis)
- Sensoteq® Chi (3 Axis)
- Tap on the Sensor name button to open the list of available sensors, and select the accelerometer type from the list
- From the list of functionalities select Engine Commissioning.
Note: The user can change the order of the functionalities in the list by dragging it from the right button on each cell
- The main screen will display all the measuring location with a blue box and with its CAT-ID. Enter the Machine ID on the text filed on the top left side of the screen.
- A list of available wireless sensors will appear on the top right side of the screen. Select the sensor and enter the machine RPM and Load in %. If the color of he boxes is green (already measured), click on the "X" clear button to delete all previous data.
- Once a sensor is selected from the list, the measuring location boxes will be enabled and of a solid color. Mount the sensor on the desired location and tap on the box of the same location to collect the data. The sampling setting are automatically selected to comply with the CAT Standard, but the report logo, units and plot line and cursor thicknes can be modified in the Configuration screen.
- Wait until the activity indicator disappears and once the data is collected the box for that location will turn green and the Displacement spectrum will appear in the bottom of the screen. To zoom the spectrum, pinch with two fingers in or out, to drag use one finger to move left or right. The required amplitude values will be shown on the bottom tight corner of the screen. The app will disconnect from the sensor and allow the user to select the same sensor or another sensor to measure the next location.
- Select the sensor from the list and measure the next point. Repeat the process with each location until the 11 points are measured.
- Click on the cursor button on the top bar menu to add cursors to each spectrum before measuring. An automatic High peak cursor or RPM curosr can be selected and then moved manually to any location on the spectrum. A secondary cursor can be added and used as an harmonic cursor by selecting the multiplier value.
- A full 12 pages report can be generated by pressing the report button on the top bar menu. See Report for more details.
- From the Main menu, click the top left menu button to open the left drawer with more options. Select 'Configuration' from the left menu
- Load the logo to be used in the Report and select other settings to be stored as defaults.
- The report view contains several options in the top bar menu: 1:Send by Email, 2:Markup, 3:Configuration, 4:Save Report locally in the device, and 5:Upload Report to the Cloud bucket
- The markup tool allows the user to copy the report to the clipboard, send it by Airdrop or any other messaging app, email it, print it or saved it to Files. The markup tool will open the standard tool to paint on the pdf report.
- The Report Configuration pop-up allows the user to enter the Report Title, Machine ID and Notes to be added to the report. Here the user can also select a logo for the report. The report file name be default is the actual dat and time, but the user can change it to the title name of the report or to both, the title name and date.
See what's new added, changed, fixed, improved or updated in the latest versions.
Version 1.15 b.29 (22 Nov, 2022)
- Optimized Optimized for iPadOS®16
Version 1.01 b.06 (06 Oct, 2021)